PhD in Public Policy with a Policy Field in Gender and Social Policy
Students enrolled in the multidisciplinary PhD program offered by the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration may elect a field in Gender and Social Policy. The Public Policy doctoral degree requires 72 credits, including:
- 18 hours of credit in women's studies courses (including feminist theory, research issues in women's studies, and women and public policy, among others).
- 30 credit hours in the Public Policy core curriculum (including economics, research methods, and statistics applied to public policy).
- up to 12 hours of electives (which may include additional women's studies courses)
- a dissertation (which requires a minimum of 12 dissertation credits).
Depending on academic background and record, students may:
- apply directly to the PhD program after completing a BA degree.
- enter the program after completing an MA degree or other graduate coursework (as many as 24 credits may be applied to the PhD).
- begin graduate work in GW's MA program in Public Policy and Women's Studies and subsequently apply to the PhD program.
Further information is available from:
Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration
The George Washington University
MPA Building, Suite 602
Washington, DC 20052