The George Washington University prides itself in being one of the greenest campuses among U.S. universities. As a result, ENRP students can engage global environmental challenges right on campus. University organizations include:
- GW Office of Sustainability: The office provides a strategic home for sustainability initiatives that are implemented in partnership with stakeholders across the GW community.
- GW Solar Institute: A research institution dedicated to the economic, technical, and public policy issues associated with development of solar technologies.
- Planet Forward: GW students work with Planet Forward to find, elevate and share some of the most original and exciting ideas and innovations in sustainability, energy and climate change.
In addition, several student-led organizations are active in the fields of environmental management, food and agriculture, and sustainability. A few of them include:
- GW Food Justice Alliance: Dedicated to food equity and sustainable agriculture, the FJA cultivates an on-campus garden and works with Martha's Table to provide fresh produce for those in need.
- Green GW: A for students, by students sustainability club.
- GW TRAiLS: A student group dedicated to hiking the wilds of the Mid-Atlantic.
- GW Net Impact: Student network fostering lasting connections and social well-being.